I started a new quilt called "Comfort" from Collections for a Cause by Howard Marcus. It comes in a kit, so all the hard work of matching fabrics is already done for you. It is sewn with precuts, strips and squares, so there's not a whole lot of cutting involved. It's mainly 9 patches and squares, using reproduction fabrics. I hope to have this one up on the design wall soon once I get all the 9 patches together. Needed something that went together quickly. Normally, I like very complex designs, or lot's of pieces. Those types of quilts tend to take more time to finish, and I wanted something that took less time and was simple, but results that are beautiful. I think this fits the bill.
I got the backing finished for the "Road Less Traveled" and rolled up on my Janome quilting machine. It's not a long arm quilt machine, but it does what I need it to. The machine has a stitch regulator, so that makes it easy to use. I don't have a very wide throat space on my machine, but it gets the job done. If you look real close you might be able to make out the quilting. It's going fairly quickly. Maybe I'll get if finished by the weekend.
Haven't made much progress on Spring Bouquet. I'll show a picture of my first block later. I still have to piece the backing for "Civil War Homefront". It will go on the quilting machine after the "Road Less Traveled" is completed.
Until next time!